Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My New Job!

It's amazing how the Lord watches over you. When you think that he's not there he
will throw in a little blessing to let you know he's watching you. A couple months ago we
talked about me getting a job to help us with the move, but it didn't seem right at the time.
And then out of the blue it seems like it just kind of all came together. Things with Troy's work
got really good and now it has worked out that I am able to work. It's kind of funny how it happened. Last week Janell and I were out shopping at the mall to get Treston
some new school clothes. We went into her favorite store called the
Pumpkin Patch. As we were looking for different outfits Tatum had pulled
a pair of shorts off the hanger. I put them back on the hanger and asked the
employee (who happened to be the store manager) if that was how they were
suppose to go. She was so surprised that I knew how to do it and then insisted
that I took an application. Last night was my first night starting. I love it. It will
be a change for me but I know in the end it was for a good purpose. So all of you who can
come see me. I only work at night so I can still be home during the day.

8 comments:

Becca said...

What a blessing! To think you can get some great employee discounts too:) Congrats on your new job, it will by nice for some daddy time with the kids in the evenings. How soon before you guys will move to Texas?

Anny said...

Great story. When I was in Arizona, I bought Blake some cute clothes from the Pumpkin Patch. They don't have one here and I loved it. What a fun place to work and all the cute clothes! Lucky. I know it will be a hard adjustment but enjoy it for a while. I had to go back to work at night when Jim was in law school. We made it through!

kimberly said...

i would love to come see you at work but i don't live there so i will imagine being there when you work. i hope that is continues to work out for you. love you sis and i will see you soon

Stefany Pew said...

Hi Laura! It's Stefany (Montez). I found your blog on Kimbery's. Your kids are so dang cute! I love how chubby your little baby is. She's a doll! Chubby babies are the best! You look great too! Are you moving to Texas too? I can't believe AZ is losing all of the Park's family. It's not he same without you all here!!! Hope all is well!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

That's awesome that it just came out of the blue like that. And of all the stores - what a fun place to work in! Hopefully you get some good employee discounts. You could get the kids some cheap back to school wardrobes! Also what a great way for you to get a break from the kiddos in the evening. :)

Kass said...

I am glad things worked out & you recognize the Lord's hand in your life. It's true how sometimes we wonder if he's really aware of our little world with all the stress & chaos, but He definitely is. Don't do what I did working at the Gap several years back & spend all your money & then some on clothes. Mick used to joke that I paid the Gap to work there.

Unknown said...

I begged her to work at the Pumpkin Patch so I could get her discount. I have been in there more times and bought both my boys winter clothes since they didn't really have any to begin with. Thanks Laura for taking one for the team!!!!!

MEANDERINGS OF JANICE said...

Right now, I think this will be a growing experience for you! I do agree with Kathryn that how you use this extra money will be important to you and the family. I will come see you when I get down there in October, O.K.? Sorry I have not looked at blogs much lately because Janell and your dad have been here and used the computer alot. It was really great having them here for a few weeks, too.