Monday, April 20, 2009

Mason's update

These pictures don't do any justice. But it's the best
I can do.

Mason is doing really well. I think this is the best it
could be considering what could of happened. He only
had his huge bandage on until that next Wed. when
I took him to the orthopedic. The doctor cut it off to look
at it and said "ITS ALIVE". We were so relieved, he can
keep his fingertip. I saw the x-rays and it did not go through
the bone. That next Monday we went back to the
doctor and got his stitches taken out. I couldn't believe
how fast everything went. The ER doc said it was going to
be a while before it would really start to heal.

If you look really close you can see that his ring finger
and pinky are really dark also. When the doctor took
his bandage off I saw that they were all purple and
swollen. I asked him why they were like that and he
said that they were also smashed in the door. I didn't
even realize it because I was so focused on all the
blood.

Mason's fingers are healing really well. He is pretty
much using them like he would normally. Right now they
kind of look like they were burned. The skin is coming
off and they are all scabby. But it is looking so much
better than we ever thought it would at this time. We are
so blessed that everything went as good as it could have.
Mason has delt with it so well. He is such a good boy.
We love him so much.

10 comments:

Stefany Pew said...

I must have missed something in the last couple posts but how did he do this? What caused his finger tip to get "chopped off"?

Julene said...

I'm so glad the news is good!

Jessica said...

Yay! It still looks painful... but i'm glad he's taking it so well! I miss my little masers!

Laura said...

His fingers got shut in a bedroom door. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Becca said...

Oh, poor little guy. That looks like it hurts! I'm so glad he is doing better and it will heel. Give him hugs from Aunt Becca.

Anny said...

Oh Laura, I'm so glad he is doing good. What a story to tell.

Zman said...

Wow that almost looks like Blakes toe. Just kidding Masons is much worse Blake didn't need stiches, just ripped off all the skin!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

I just want to cry when I see his poor little fingers!! Poor baby! Don't you wish you could wrap them in bubble wrap until they're older and know what danger is?!! I'm so glad he gets to keep his fingertip!!

Kass said...

Yikes! The kids in our lives sure keep us on our toes. His fingers look well though & he is getting way too big!

MEANDERINGS OF JANICE said...

We can be thankful for blessings such as this, can't we? Mason is such a fine boy. I sure love him!